Dr Jayesh Kakar , MS
Sp Int: Diabetic Foot Management, Leg Amputation Prevention, Wound Management
WOUND CARE is not about the use of a specific technique or a modality, nor is it a claim that a particular way or method or modality would heal each and every wound.
WOUND CARE is about the use of the appropriate modality at the appropriate time & the knowledge to recognize this.
The awareness of your treating doctor/caregiver to newer and appropriate modalities which may be useful in your case is important for the success of treatment.
Reinhold Niebuhr’s quote :
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.”
is very appropriate to the management of Chronic Wounds.
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy(NPWT) / SAP(Sub atmospheric Pressure) / VAC (Vacuum Assisted Closure)
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
Growth factors – Platelet Derived Growth Factors (PDGF)
Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)
Papain Urea Combinations
Ionic Silver Dressings
Hydrocolloids / Hydrogels etc.
The above mentioned modalities are used in wound care at various stages of the wound and in various combinations.
No one modality or material works on its own, and the recognition of the time of intervention, the change in modality/material and use of the appropriate modality/material after constant review, is what helps wounds to heal.
Not very comfortable with the corporate culture so prefer operating in smaller hospitals and Nursing Homes.
EXPERIENCE : 20 years
Achievements and Research
Have been contributing in research and teaching the younger generation of doctors and paramedics.
- Research on foot infections has been published in the European Chemical Journal 2015.
- Continue to contribute towards learning by regularly taking lectures at various medical associations and teaching programs for young doctors.
- Along with many medical associations in India ,was also a member of the European wound management Association.
- Papers presented at EWMA2016 at Bremen, Germany on research on the treatment and management of chronic wounds and diabetic foot problems, can be viewed by clicking here.
OUT PATIENT CONSULTATION
1. Save Legs Diabetic Foot Clinic & Wound Care Center
Geetha Nursing Home
Road No.4,West Marredpally
SECUNDERABAD – 500026
Call : 8801109826 – for Appointments & Queries (8 AM to 8 PM)
Time: 4pm-6pm (Monday to Saturday) Sunday Closed
2. Save Legs Diabetic Foot Clinic & Wound Care Center
at Thumbay Hospital, Chaderghat, Hyderabad
Time: 11am – 1:30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday)
1.GEETHA NURSING HOME
Road No.4, West Marredpally , SECUNDERABAD